MAKING WAXED FLOWERS
Well, when we are talking about flowers, we must be aware that how they are not preservable but there are ways in which you can keep them with you for longer and there are things which are involved in it as well, for which you have to think through before proceeding. If you have a loved one then you can always order flowers online for them. In this way you will be able to be with them and maybe share the article of how they can preserve the beauty of a flower forever.
When we think about that, there is a poem by John Keats “A thing of beauty”, which also talks about how nature has the way of lifting your spirits up and this becomes perfect when you talk about preserving them.
You don’t have to go out and buy flowers as you must have received flowers by now but if you just want to try it then just hurry up and get the flowers for yourself there are various things that you will need:
THINGS YOU WILL NEED
- Double boiler
- Parchment paper
- Fresh flowers
- Tooth pick
- Paraffin wax
- Rubber bands
- Floral foam
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Get the flowers and just make sure they are completely open and have the strength to hold themselves together. For this reason, lilies are preferred a little more.
- Now, what you can do is, you can mlt the paraffin wax in a double boiler and let it get to 130-150 degree celsius.
- Now make sure that you have cut the stems by 3-4 inches.
- Now what you have to do is just dip the flowers into the wax.
- Make sure that the flowers are at a certain angle before you dip them.
- While dipping the flowers you must keep the size of the flower in your mind as well. If they are the bigger flowers then you can just put the wax in the middle and then wax the whole flower.
- For smaller flowers you need a toothpick or use tweezers to dip.
- When you lift the flowers just let the excess wax go first and make sure that you do not touch the flower to the sides of the boiler.
- Just let the excess wax go on its own and just put the flower on the parchment paper tray or just put the flower on the floral foam. They both are just perfect for eachother.
- The wax does not take a lot of time to harden so you will get the hardened flowers in five minutes.
- Now it’s time for the stems to be waxed but you have to be really careful with the flowers.
- You can just hold the bloom gently and then put the stem in the wax.
- And just take them out on the parchment paper na you are just ready with the waxed flowers.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Some people look for the flower candles so for that you need to add the wick to the flower which is not possible as there are chances of the flowers being ignited as well.
- You can also expreinevt the same with the dried flowers if you wish to but make sure that you are not making candles out of them.
- If you wish to have fragrant waxed flowers then add the scent to the wax before dipping the flowers in them.
- Make sure that you are not putting the paraffin near the flames.
- Never wax the flowers which you think are delicate, they are bound to disintegrate and that’s why roses are also considered the best for the waxing process, you can always approach the best Flower Delivery in Chennai and know more about that.
- Make sure that the flowers that you are using are fully opened up.
- Make sure that you are sticking to the temperature as the wax will not coat effective if the temperature is more than that or less than 130 degree celsius. You must stick to the temperature.
- Make sure that the bloom has dried up and hardened after you have dipped it into the wax before putting the stem in them.
- Remember that you need to handle the waxed blooms with gentleness while just dipping them again.
You can always use these flowers in displays or just go for the centrepiece. Make sure that you are going for the favourite flower when you are doing that. You can also use them to wrap a gift and just arrange the flowers in a small cup. There is so much that you can do with the flowers.